Donations accepted here:-)

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

First Steps....

Good morning!

My name is Shawn Gliniewicz and I’m the owner of Michael Shawn Photography (http://www.iemsphoto.com/) based out of Colorado Springs. We’ve started a new project called the Upside-Down Project and are looking for families with individuals on the ASD who would be willing to let us take some photos.

The motivation for this project is my 17 year-old son, whom is on the ASD, he loves puzzles. Several years ago, he started turning the pieces upside down and with only the cardboard showing and continued putting the puzzles together (no photo to follow, only the brown shape). What makes this interesting is that I’m talking about a 300 to 500 piece jigsaw puzzle! At the same time, while installing a bit of furniture hardware (4 screws on a door) he decked himself out in gloves, goggles, breathing mask, ear plugs, and a screw driver before attempting the project. These are just a few examples of the many unique traits of individuals on the ASD we are working to capture. Our intended outcome is to raise public awareness and educate others about this disorder while cataloging the many unique characteristics which often go unnoticed or get lost in the normal day-to-day life of these busy families.

For their time, the families would receive a CD with the photos and print copyright authorization (free photos). We are asking for a $5 donation to cover the cost of mailing and CD but it is not required.

Please feel free to pass this information on to your network groups so interested families may connect with me directly.

I’m willing to meet to discuss our efforts and answer any questions you might have.

Cheers

M. Shawn Gliniewicz
Founder: The Upside Down Project (web site coming)
719-964-8815
Professional photo web site: http://www.iemsphoto.com/
Facebook: Inventive Expressions: Photography by Michael Shawn

5 comments:

  1. This is really cool Shawn! I passed the link on to my neighbors who are behavior analysts. They specialize in autism and work alot with autistic families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josh! We 3 individuals intrested in donating time to the camera. Hopping to get enough photo's together for a local showing April 2012, after that lets see.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shawn. My name is Christina Bonner and I'm the mother of Jon's son. Sherri showed me your site when she was over at my house today. I have a 6 year old brother who is autistic and she thought my mom and I would be interested in your site. I think this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christina

    We are working on another post and will have it up soon. I hope you continue to follow this project.

    Thanks

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garion:I see the real beauty of his innocence when I look at him, spend time with him or see a picture of him. He is fascinating to be with and to get a glimpse of his world. He makes me smile, feell proud to know him and to appreciate all the angels God has put on this earth for us to enjoy. He has a sense of humor and joy that if you take the time to get to know, He will be one of your favorite people. He is to me, a pleasure, a joy and I am honored to be his aunt...His grandma is crazy about him and his sister is protective and loving to him . She sees his inner beauty far more than most do. Love ya Ashlynne, you are a good sister.

    ReplyDelete